Crunchy Garlic Chicken Recipe
|Photo by petradr on Unsplash|
- Make a board production line, two large, shallow bowls or dishes, and a baking tray that fits the chicken comfortably, lined with parchment for baking or oiled foil.
- If you plan to bake immediately, heat the oven to the fan/gas 6 of 200C/180C. (Never mind turning the oven 10 minutes before baking.) Mix the parmesan, mayo, garlic, lemon zest, herbs and seasoning in the first dish to form a paste–a tablespoon does this well and helps in the next step. In the second dish, tap the crumbs and shake to cover the base.
- The messy part now. Put the chicken on the board and remove any flappy bits if necessary. Use kitchen paper to blot well –this will help the coating stick.
- Slide the first breast into the mixture of the mayo and use the spoon to make sure it is covered. Pick it up and put it on the crumbs by the pointy end. Use a spoon to cover with crumbs completely and gently press them until covered all over. Pick up by the' tail' again and put it on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the second breast before discarding any remaining mayo and crumbs.
- Bake until golden for 25-30 minutes and cook through. Transfer to a board and slice into three or four thick slices, scatter over the chives and serve, if you like, with the lemon wedges, roasted potatoes and tomatoes.